Randall is a co-founder and managing partner of Regent Law. Randall helps real estate owners, entrepreneurs, startups, small businesses, developers, investors, landlords, tenants and lenders navigate the issues and considerations associated with residential and commercial real estate and general business law matters.
In business, lawyers are commonly viewed as deal breakers who protect their clients’ right out of deals. However, you won’t find that sentiment among the many business owners who look to Randall for guidance. Randall understands that risk avoidance is not the primary goal of every deal. Businesses and entrepreneurs are set up to measure risk, accept it and move forward. It exists in every transaction and in almost every business activity. Randall is an effective dealmaker, who can see, measure, evaluate and put risk into perspective and add value to the process of managing that risk for your business.
Randall is a native of Stedman, North Carolina, who relocated to Charlotte for law school and never left. His passions include golf, the Carolina Panthers, woodworking and spending time with his beautiful wife, Candace (trust us, he out-kicked his coverage). He’s also a tech nerd and the in-house IT guy, whether he likes it or not.
Randall has significant experience with a broad range of real estate transactions, including the following:
- Residential, retail, commercial and mixed-use developments
- Office, commercial and industrial building projects
- Acquisition, development and loan transactions for single-family residential and multifamily communities
- Representation of sellers, purchasers, borrowers and lenders in commercial real estate transactions
- Office, commercial and shopping center development and lease transactions
- Advise franchisees in the acquisition, disposition and leasing of commercial real estate
- Zoning and land-use planning matters
- Environmental matters relevant to real estate transactions (e.g., Brownfields Program, Dry-cleaning Solvent Cleanup Act Program and Underground Storage Tanks)
- Representation of subcontractors and builders
- Formation of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies for a variety of transactions
- 1031 Like-Kind Exchanges
- Provide title opinions and other services related to title due diligence issues to law firms and title insurers throughout North Carolina
- Advise North Carolina landowners regarding condemnation and eminent domain proceedings, including NC Department of Transportation (NCDOT) claims
- Approved attorney for all major title insurers doing business in North Carolina